Screenshots or making image recording of on-screen activity is one of the basic features of computer usage. This feature is commonly used to indicate a section you want to explain to other users or perhaps a view that you can not save in the normal way. In this article the Premiuminfo team will explain some ways of making or to take screenshot on Mac computers. Check out yes!
8 Ways to Take Screenshot on Mac Computer
We have covered the maximum method to take screenshot on mac computers. Since we obtain information by using our personal tests. Though we also gathered this information in same manner to take screenshot on mac computers. Here are the methods.
1. TAKE SCREENSHOT OF ALL SCREEN SURFACE
- Press the Shift + Command + 3 key
- Find the screenshots on the Desktop with the name Screen Shot followed by the date and time. The format of the document is image .png.
2. TAKE A SCREENSHOT IN THE OPTION SECTION
This feature works for those who want to create a screenshot image on certain parts only, not all the surface of the screen. Here’s the guide:
- Press the Shift + Command + 4 key . The arrow icon (pointer) will switch to a crosshair or line +with a circle on the inside.
- Press and hold left mouse click to start screen selection that will be made into screenshot. After enough, please release and the screenshot will appear on the Desktop.
3. TAKE SCREENSHOT ONE APPLICATION WINDOW
This tutorial applies for those who want to take a screenshot with the selection of one window of application, without the hassle of putting the screenshot window like in the previous tutorial. Not just automatic, this feature even directly gives a shadow effect of the screenshot image you create. Here’s the guide:
- Press the Shift + Command + 4 key . The arrow icon (pointer) will switch to crosshair. After that press the Space button to convert it to camera image.
- Place this camera icon in the application window or document you want to make a screenshot.
- Press left click on the mouse or trackpad to take a screenshot image and the results automatically appear on the Desktop.
4. SAVE SCREENSHOT IN CLIPBOARD
If all of the above will make your screenshot document appear on the Desktop, just use the screenshot mode but saved in the Clipboard. This way you can simply paste the screenshot document to the required place like the image editing app or maybe in the chat app. Here’s the explanation:
- Control + Shift + Command + 3 to screenshot the whole screen and save it on the clipboard. Use the cmd + v shortcut in the image editing app or the chat app (iMessage for example) to paste the image you saved on the clipboard.
- Control + Shift + Command + 5 to screenshot the selected section on the screen you did and save it on the clipboard. Use the cmd + v shortcut to paste.
- How to Spoof or Change Wifi MAC Address in Android
- HPSTR: Cool Wallpaper Application for All Different Platforms
- How To Take Scrolling Screenshot in Android and iOS
5. SCREENSHOT WITH TIMER
You can take screenshots with timer or countdown time automatically. An example of using this feature is to create a tutorial or web view that can only be recorded after you hit a certain section. Here’s the guide:
- Open the Grab app from Application – Utilities – Grab .
- In the menu bar select Caputre – Timed Screen or Command + Shift + Z shortcut .
- Press the Start Timer button to countdown from the capture time of the screenshot.
- The resulting image will appear as a new photo window and not automatically saved on the Desktop, please save as needed.
6. SCREENSHOT TOUCH BAR
For users of MacBook Pro Touch Bar and already using macOS Sierra 10.12.2, please refer to the following guidelines to take screenshots of the Touch Bar screen:
- Press the Shift + Command + 6 shortcut .
- Document screenshots of the Touch Bar display can be found on the Desktop.
USE THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS
Not satisfied with some innate ways from Apple to make screenshots? Please use the following third party apps yes.
7. SCREENSHOT WITH DROPLR
Droplr is one of the screenshots document sharing services with complete and easy features. In addition to screenshots in the form of images, you can also make video screen recording to record some or all of the screen activity as needed. Droplr also has a document upload mode automatically, complete and easily accessible shortcuts and annotation modes.
Droplr service you can try for free with minimum usage amount. If you already use the Droplr service, please update to Pro or Business mode with monthly subscription system. Detailed information about Droplr can be found on the following page.
8. USE SCREENSHOT PSD APPLICATION
As the name implies, Screenshot PSD is useful for making screenshots of the Mac computer screen with the result of the image document PSD aka Photoshop. Not just PSD format, but the screenshot image that you get also a few layers of images in accordance with the view that you are not.
Even when the Premiuminfo team tries, PSD Screenshot can detect the application window that I open behind the main view. Suppose a different Safari tab or even wallpaper I use. In this way you can make screenshot compositions more easily or maybe take the small details that are needed without the hassle. As an additional note, the image of the PSD Screenshot is large enough and you should trim it in a folder so it is easy to remove when not in use.
HAVE ANY OTHER TIPS?
Of the 8 ways above, which one do you use most often? I personally use the screenshot feature one window application and also the PSD Screenshot app. What about you? Share in comment field yes!