In this guide, we will teach you five different ways you can connect your wireless/wired printer to a Windows or Mac computer. Once you complete the connection process, you will be able to share your printer on your home network, permitting other computers to print through it without connecting it directly to the system.
Before you check out the detailed step-by-step guide to connecting the printer to your computer below, please note the printer’s compatibility to the network you’re seeking a connection with also matters. The market is home to different types of printers with different compatibilities; therefore if you are struggling to find the right printer for yourself, then this site has created a list of best printers for home use you might be interested in.
Computer Games: Trending Top PC Games for RTX Graphics Cards
Method 1: Connecting a Wired Printer on Windows
This method includes all the steps required to connect your wired printer on your Windows PC:
- Set your printer close to the computer, allowing its cable to reach the network without any tension easily or pulling.
- Press the ‘on‘ or power button on your printer and turn it on. This button is likely to have a windows power icon on the side. Make sure your printer is correctly plugged in.
- Make sure your computer is unlocked and turned on, and safely connect your printer with it using a USB cable.
- Open Start, and click on the windows logo which sits at the bottom of the screen. Go to settings that are on the lower-left side of the window.
- Now go to ‘Devices‘. You can find this option on the settings window itself.
- Click on the ‘Printers & Scanners‘ option on the window and proceed to ‘Add a Printer or Scanner’.
- You will now see your printer’s name as one of the options. Click on it and add the device. The printer’s name is mostly a combination of the manufacturer’s name and model number of the device.
Method 2: Connecting a Wired Printer on Mac
This method includes all the steps required to connect your wired printer on your Mac:
- Before you head on to connect your printer to your Mac device, make sure to update your Mac. This is to ensure that all the recent patches and drivers have been installed.
- Repeat Steps 1 to 3 from the above method for connecting a wired printer to a Windows device.
- Install the printer following the prompts on the screen. As long as you have a printer that is compatible with your Mac device, you wouldn’t have to worry about this step. It should get installed in your computer within a jiffy!
Android Games: Best Sites to Download Highly Compressed Android Games
Method 3: Connecting a Wireless Printer on Windows
This method includes all the steps required to connect your wireless printer on your Windows device:
- First and foremost, you must check your printer’s network connections. In case your printer is to connect via Bluetooth instead of WiFi, then the process of contact will be slightly different.
- Place your printer nearby your wireless router for a seamless and secure connection through a wireless signal. This is required if you want your printer to communicate with your router. Placing it far away wouldn’t get this job done.
- Press on the power button on your printer and turn in on. You can find the power button with a ‘power’ icon on the side.
- Now scan through the manual that came with your printer device, and follow the instructions for set up. In the situation where you do not have the manual, you can check the manufacturer’s support site for the steps.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 from the above method for connecting a wired printer to a Windows device.
- Connect your PC to the printer. When connecting a Bluetooth Printer, make sure to click on ‘Connect‘ after selecting your printer. This should do the job.
Method 4: Connecting a Wireless Printer on Mac
This method includes all the steps required to connect your wireless printer on your Mac device:
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 from the above process for connecting a wireless printer to a Windows device.
- Go to the Apple Menu which sits at the top-left corner of the screen. Now go to the ‘System Preferences’ option and click on the ‘Printers & Scanners‘ option in the window.
- Click on the plus symbol or ‘+‘, and choose your printer’s name from the drop-down menu in order to add/connect to the printer.
- Click on the plus or ‘+‘ symbol on the bottom-left corner of the screen.
iPhone Ganes: Qooapp for Android and iOS | Unlimited Japanese Games
Method 5: Sharing a Printer to a Network on Windows & Mac
In order to share your printer to a network on your Windows or Mac device, you need to first install the printer on the particular computer you would love to share it from. This can be done through both a wired as well as wireless connection.
Follow the below steps:
- Open the start menu on windows and go to the settings option. You should find it in the left-bottom corner of the screen.
- Now go to the ‘Network & Internet‘ option from the settings window, and click on the Status tab on the upper-left side of the screen.
- Now you should be able to go to the Sharing option, after which you have to expand the ‘Private option‘.
- Opt for the ‘turn on the file and printer sharing’ circle, and connect to your preferred shared printer from another windows computer.
- If you are looking to connect to a shared printer from a Mac computer device, then you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the ‘Apple Menu‘ and proceed to ‘System Preferences‘.
- You will have an option to ‘Print & Scan‘, select it.
- Now choose the plus or ‘+’ symbol at the bottom of the printer.
- Select the particular printer’s name, which will be a combination of the manufacturer’s name and model name of the device.
In case you run the printer and are still unable to print then check if you have received any error messages on your PC. This can happen if your computer has an issue. If you cannot find any errors, you can try changing/replacing the printer’s toner or ink. For wired printers, make sure the USB cable is connected every time you want to proceed to print. Take care of all of these steps and you will be able to smoothly connect your printer to your computer.