Scribd is well known as one of the best-rated platforms for projects and knowledge sharing across various fields. It offers both free and paid documents that can be downloaded; however, Scribd’s premium documents require users to pay before having access to download them.
The big question looms, “How to download Scribd documents for free?” You can download Scribd paid documents for free, as there are several Scribd downloaders that can help you with that.
In this article, we will be going through the best methods to download Scribd documents in 2020.
As Scribd rapidly rises to become the best source for text-based documents, the security used in encrypting Scribd’s premium documents from free download keeps getting updated. It is almost impossible, but there are methods you can apply to get stories, novels, and other publications for free on Scribd.
Scribd is also handy for students, and they can share their project ideas and also have access to research materials completed by other scholars to aid them in completing their school projects. So as a student, researcher, or a comic lover, how do you download documents from Scribd for free?
Keep on reading because this article will guide you with the easily applicable steps to download documents on Scribd.
Also Check: 5 BEST WAYS TO GET CHEGG ANSWERS FREE
Advantages of Using Scribd Downloader
As Netflix is the paradise of good movies, Scribd is the Netflix of great books and other text documents. Here are some advantages of using external downloaders to save Scribd files for free.
- Scribd downloaders are free, and the files are secured, and downloading is easy.
- Using Scribd downloaders does not require users to install external applications on their devices
- It allows you to save books and access them anytime you find convenient.
- Unlimited and free access to all books and documents on Scribd.
- No sign-up is required.
Methods To Download Scribd Paid Documents For Free
You will now discover the 3 methods and their steps, as well as the software/sites to download Scribd documents for free.
1. Scribd Free Trial Method
This is one of the basic methods to download documents from Scribd. Users on this platform have the option to enjoy the paid member features of Scribd for 1 or 2 months without paying a dime. Scribd free trial feature allows users to download unlimited documents, listen to unlimited audiobooks, and have access to download three books in one month.
To get Scribd’s free 30-days trial, simply create a free Scribd account via their web or mobile application (iOS app and Android apps), click on the free 30-days trials, and enjoy unrestricted access to documents and audiobooks.
Scribd also gives 60-days (2 months) free trial to users. This is a partnership with Samsung to bring the best experience for free with an extra month extension instead of the regular 30 days. However, this offer is only available to users with any Samsung Galaxy device; the cost of an extra 30 days will be paid by Samsung. So if you have a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or you know someone who does, you can use the device to create a Scribd account and enjoy premium services on Scribd for 60 days using the following steps;
- On your Android device, launch the Playstore.
- Search and install Scribd on your Android Device.
- Create an account if you don’t have an existing account, click on begin to enjoy your 60-days free trial.
2. Online Scribd Downloader
There are lots of sites dedicated to helping users download documents from Scribd for free, and they are well-known as Scribd downloader. Finding a downloader for Scribd that actually works is quite hard because Scribd keeps updating its website with new codes that prevent 3rd party sites from downloading its contents for free. However, we have tested and found the best free downloader for Scribd and they are:
DLscrib.com is unrivaled as the best Scribd downloader on the web. This web application allows users to easily download documents, audiobooks, and books from Scribd with just a few clicks.
- Simply copy the URL of the document that you want to download from Scribd.
- Go to DLscrib and paste the URL in the space provided.
- Check the box below to agree to Scribd’s terms of service.
- Click on the Download Button and your Scribd document will be download to your device for free.
This website allows users to download Scribd paid documents for free. You can waive off paying fees to get access to Scribd premium documents without needing to create an account or pay for Scribd subscriptions.
- Open Scribd from your computer or mobile browser.
- Search for the document that you want to download and copy the URL.
- Go to ScribdDownloader.org and paste the document link that you copied earlier.
- Simply click on the download button and wait for some seconds for the download to start.
Depending on your file size and internet speed, your file should be downloaded in a few minutes.
3. Computer Web Browser Extension For Downloading Scribd Files
Nice Try Scribd
This is another good method to unblur documents from Scribd for free, and you have to install web browser plugins. These plugins allow you to access blurred Scribd documents and also download them.
- Open the browser on your computer (preferably Firefox browser).
- Go to the Firefox extension store.
- Search for Nice Try Scribd by using this link.
- Now go to Scribd, open the document that you want to download, and simply click on the download button.
Premium documents allow users to view some lines of the document for free while the main parts of the document are blurred and are only visible to paid users. However, with TamperMonkey extension, you can view the entire document for free and also download them to your device’s local storage for free. TamperMonkey automatically takes screenshots of the document and converts it to a PDF file that you can access offline.
- Go to your computer browser’s extension store.
- Search for TamperMonkey extension and add it to your browser.
- Once added, click on the extension icon and select “Create a new script.”
- Paste the code into the editor in TamperMonkey.
- Save the script by press CTRL + S buttons.
- Go to Scribd and locate the document that was blurred earlier, you will notice that the entire document is unblurred. Click CTRL + P and choose to save as PDF to save the document in your device’s local storage.
Saving documents from Scribd using TamperMonkey will take some time depending on how large the document is, so your browser might stop responding for a while.
This is an alternative Scribd downloader to TamperMonkey, and the process is quite similar. This extension gives users a backdoor to avoid Scribd’s payment portal, and users can download all paid Scribd documents for free using GreaseMonkey.
- Install the GreaseMonkey extension on your Firefox browser by clicking on this URL.
- Download the script and paste it in the Greasemonkey editor.
- Save the code and go back to the paid document on Scribd.
- You will automatically find the download button document to save the document and bypass the payment process. Click on download, and the document will be saved to your device’s storage.
There you have it! The steps to download Scribd documents for free is finally out of the bag. So if you’ve been searching for the best Scribd downloader to download your documents for free, I hope that after reading this article you can finally heave a sigh of relief.
Don’t forget, if you encounter any problems using any of the steps above, all you have to do is inform us. We are always here to help you.