Microsoft provides a DLL system file called api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll for proper working of games/software in earlier versions of Windows such as 7, 10, and others. In the absence of this file inside your operating system, if you fire up a program, you will see an error prompt.
These error messages are often seen when running programs like Minecraft, PubG, GTA 5, Wireshark, Origin, Microsoft Office products, Skype, and others. The prompts can be any of the following:
- Failed to start. api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll is missing. Reinstall the file and start again
- api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll is not compatible for this Windows version or is corrupt
- The specific dll module cannot be found
- There was an error in loading the api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll file
Also known as apisetsub, this file system was developed by Microsoft Corporation. Usually, getting these errors mean that the VC++ runtime libraries are not available. A runtime library is a group of files that are used by several programs, including Minecraft, during the start-up process.
Also Read: Top Most CPU Intensive Games for PC 2021!
Minecraft, initially developed by Mojang, is a sandbox game with tremendous popularity. Microsoft has Purchased it later. In this virtual world, players are bestowed with unlimited possibilities. However, like any other application, Minecraft, too, has its own set of troubles and issues. These are:
- Failure to launch
- Missing .dll file error
- Lagging and crashing of the software
- Absence of textures inside the game’s visuals
- Inability to reset the password
- Sudden deletion of some worlds
- Achievements do not unlock on their own
- Issues during multiplayer games
- Error showing that the game is out of memory
- Inability to login in your Minecraft account
- Not being able to chat with other players inside the game
- Outdated video card error
Of all these errors, users running Windows 7/8 have a higher chance of facing the missing .dll file error. This file set is critical to run third party programs. This error may arise for any of the following reasons:
- Improper installation of the application
- The api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll file was unknowingly removed
- A virus or corrupt program corrupted the .dll file
- It could also happen because of a faulty Windows registry
How to Fix the Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Heap-L1-1-0.Dll Error?
You can fix the api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll error in the following ways:
Download and install the .dll file in the program folder
Download fix file from any of the websites where the file is available for free. Once the file is on your system, extract it from the compressed folder. Copy the extracted file and paste it in the Minecraft’s installation folder. Reboot the program. If it is still showing error, complete the following steps:
- Copy the extracted file to C:\Windows\System32\
- Next, open the command prompt by typing “cmd” in the Start Menu search bar.
- Right-click and choose “Run as Administrator” option.
- Paste the “%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll” and press Enter.
If you have a 64-bit system, you can follow the same process after downloading the 64-bit .dll file version.
Update the application throwing the error
Another quick solution to the problem can be updating the Minecraft application. At times an outdated software is running on an old version of the .dll file, which is not compatible with the updated windows registry. In such cases, updating the application can resolve the issue.
Reinstalling the application
If updating the application is not working and you are still getting the error, uninstall the Minecraft program from your computer. Then download the latest version of it from a trusted source and reinstall the program. This should eliminate the .dll error you are getting.
Dll file errors are a regular occurrence, and one should not worry too much about them. They can be easily rectified in just a few steps. If you are facing the same error while running any games or applications, try using any of the solutions mentioned above.