For my friend who first rented VPS certainly still confused how to login to the vps with putty SSH. Below are the steps to login to the server (VPS).
How do I connect VPS With Putty using SSH:
- Download Putty Click Here
- Run Putty (no installation necessary)
- Fill IP Server in the Host Name , the port does not need to be changed remains 22.
- Click Open, a black screen (or called console) will appear soon
- If an alert (security warning) click “Yes”
- Login as : fill root .Root (with lower case / lowercase) is a user with the power of Mahadeva on a Linux server. Only root user who can create, remove, install and configure applications.
- When asked to fill in a password, please copy the text you store server password (select> right click> copy) and then right-click once on a screen area of Putty. Take a good look this way !!! Once the password text copied, bring the cursor into black screen area and RIGHT CLICK ONCE.The password will not appear on the screen but actually paste the password already there. Then press enter.
- After a successful login you will find a prompt in the form of root @ hostname ~ # which means the server is ready to receive commands you want to run.
LEGAL WARNING: Use of VPS with PuTTY, PSCP, PSFTP and Plink is illegal in countries where encryption is outlawed. We believe it is legal to use PuTTY, PSCP, PSFTP and Plink in England and Wales and in many other countries, but we are not lawyers, and so if in doubt you should seek legal advice before downloading it. You may find useful information at cryptolaw.org, which collects information on cryptography laws in many countries, but we can’t vouch for its correctness.